8.16.2010

TWENTY-ONE: Part I


Built To Spill

My birthday-eve consisted of a very last minute trip to Lancaster to see Built To Spill at the Chameleon Club. I had heard about the show a few weeks prior, but no one seemed able to go with me, so my expectations quickly became nearly extinct. But, as usual, my boos pulled through with an appetite for adventure and spontaneity and we hit the road. 


Unfortunately, the door man didn't give me the "ok" for booze, even though I was less than 5 hours away. whatevs. 

Afterwards, we hit up a local diner (much, much classier than CPD) and I was half tempted to stay there until midnight just so that I could say I ordered my first (legal) drink at a diner. Because this diner had a bar. Class-ay. 
I had to work at 6a.m. the next morning, so we didn't end up staying.

I officially turned 21 in the car as we drove through Hershey. We all agreed that it would not be right if I didn't celebrate accordingly, so we searched for the closest open bar. 
First attempt: fail. they closed RIGHT as we got there.
Second attempt: success! Kim bought me a shot and then we left. 

We know how to get things done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment