12.23.2010

Home, Home, Home...

...Home is whenever I'm with you.

The 717 is proving itself to be as wonderful as I remembered it to be. 
My lovelove, Joejoe, was able to venture back with me from IUP for a few days before going home to Pittsburgh. He left last night. I was sad to see him go. But, his visit consisted of plentiful adventures! so it was definitely time well spent.

We pulled into my driveway around 12:30 on Friday night, and then stayed up talking with my Dad until about 2a.m.

Saturday, we woke up late and hung around until it was time to go to Midtown Scholar, the most amazing place on Earth. It consisted of books, coffee, live music, friends, and more books. SO MANY BOOKS. FLOORS AND FLOORS OF BOOKS. It smelled delicious. After Midtown, the gang wandered around and ended up at New Delhi, a nifty little hookah bar downtown. We were joined by more of our beautiful friends, smoked some tasty tobacco, and nommed on Indian food. The evening dwindled down and the remaining stragglers decided that going to the Diner was the most logical thing to do. Of course. 
I was finally reunited with my boo Jimmy, who had been far away in Italy for the semester. Oh, how I missed him so! It was like he never left. 

Sunday was full of film. Joe and I went to see Megamind at the cheapo theater in the Mall--so good! We loved it. Afterwards, we hit up the RedBox and got Date Night, The Kids Are Alright, and  Kick Ass. ALL SO GOOOOOD! Wine was involved. It was a lovely, lazy day/evening. My biffles Gabby and Kelly were able to stop by for a movie or two, which was also lovely. I missed those ladies. 

Monday consisted of Neato Burrito, Caitlin & Jimmy, and Elephant & Castle. So much food. So much goodness. It was our 3 month anniversary, as well as my parents' 24th wedding anniversary, so celebration (excessive eating of wonderful things) was warranted. We also went to Target to shop a bit and visit Gabby at work. She loves her job. Not really. She taught me how to fold shirts. 
Neato is always a good choice. This was Joe's first experience with Neato, and he was pleased. We took our burrito to Caitlin's house and hung out in the kitchen for an hour or two with Jimmy. I missed dem so much. No more going to Europe, you two. After visiting, Joe and I drove to New Cumberland to get a late dinner at an English Pub-style restaurant, Elephant&Castle. Joe had been to one near Pittsburgh and said it was awesome, so when we saw a sign on the Turnpike for a Harrisburg location, excitement ensued and plans were made. We were surprised to find that it was attached to the lobby of a hotel, taking away from the atmosphere a bit. It was also karaoke night. Heh. But, overall, it was a lovely dinner because I was with my lovely Joe. Once home, we watched The Road and went to sleep. 

Tuesday was the day of the 717 family Christmas party--animal themed. More along the lines of "animals dressed in formal wear". There were bears, dinosaurs, a few reindeer, and some cats. The evening was full of eating, catching up, and story telling. The usual wonderful ingredients. Joe was pleased with my friends, and my friends were pleased with Joe, which pleased me greatly. HUZZAH.    

Wednesday. Such a bittersweet day. We woke up, picked up my new glasses, rushed to the matinée showing of True Grit, explored the Hershey Hotel, and went to dinner at the Cocoa Avenue Grill. Derricious.
 Then I had to take Joe to the bus stop. I did not want to do it. We haven't been apart for more than 9 days since we've been together, so the thought of the remaining weeks of break made the reality of his departure much, much harder. Blah. Luckily, he didn't have to leave until around 8:00, giving us one more full day of fun. I missed him as soon as he let go of my hand to get on the bus. Sigh. 
Anyway, Wine Wednesday started around 11:00, which lifted my spirits quite a bit. Playing flip cup with Merlot was interesting. Ha. Good wine with good people always makes for a fine time. 

Today, I woke up at 8:50a.m, went to bed at home around 9, woke up around 2, fell asleep on the couch until 5, bummed around until 7ish. I have to go into work tonight at 4a.m., so I'm taking it as easy as possible. I should head back to bed at some point in the near future, but I also need to start some laundry. Hrmm. It's whatev. 


Break has been good to me so far.
More adventures to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment